- Introduction to AWS (Amazon Web Services ) for Ruby Developers
- New Alexa Web Search API and Pricing Plan Annoucement : Bunch-o new functionality and at least some new code samples
- Ruby on Rails For Linux – LinRails : a binary package that includes Ruby-1.8.6, Rubygems-0.9.4, Rails 1.2.3, Mongrel 1.0.1, MySQL-5.0.41, ncurses-5.6, OpenSSL-0.9.8e, and zlib-1.2.3. making it easy to get a Ruby on Rails development environment running in no time.
- really DRY (don’t repeat yourself) : generating models, migrations and tests off of one meta-model.
- Kijiji (local and free classified) eBays answer to Craigslist (eBay also owns 20% of Craigslist). Huh?
- All the News That’s Fit to Wiki : The New York Times on the Wikipedia, a neutral point of view article about the Wikipedia, how a page evolves and the people behind it.
- How to spot the dreaded non-coding architect – Not IT strategists but does apply to project leads and third party consultants. Scarier then Cthulhi.
- Hormiga Canyon – a SciFi short story by Rudy Rucker & Bruce Sterling
- Maelstrom II: an independent film of an Arthur C. Clarke SciFi short story – “Cliff Leyland, a down-on-his-luck worker who hitches a ride on a freight capsule from the moon to earth in order to save money. As the protagonist is catapulted homeward, power to the electromagnetic launcher fails — sending him into an unstable orbit around the moon. Thus begins a race against time to save him before he crashes into the lunar surface.” from “The Wind from the Sun” collection published in 1972.
- Kanye West Is Akira – The video for Kanye West‘s new single takes major inspiration from Katsuhiro Otomo’s classic AKIRA film.
- Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s is doing Virtual Tokyo in Second Life – I thought Tokyo WAS a virtual world inside Second Life!
- The Misadventures of Hello Cthulhu – Cthulhu meets Hello Kitty : a HP Kawaii Horror?