Lotus Notes News Reader v0.3
Lotus Notes News Reader v0.3New release of my R5.x Lotus Notes RSS News Aggregator. Many new features and improvements. I'm finding it very usable, and useful. NNRv.3.zip
What's a RSS News Aggregator?
New Features include :
- An About Document
- Improved Notes UI (outline, pages, and frameset)
- includes a link to an action to process all active feeds.
- Moved RSS Feed processing to a Java library. first attempted using a Java library for new agents got dreaded "Can`t make static reference to method". successful using Java library (july 23).
- Created a Agent for reading selected feeds only in the News Feed view. July 22 2003, agent now using Java Library.
- Reduce duplicate news entries. If a feed is run twice, rather than have 2 duplicate items either update the existing entry or do not create a new document. updating is preferred, in cause they edited the item, but initially just catch it and don't save a new document for RSS 2.0 use guid field and channel title to do lookup. for other feed types use item title and channel title.
- Changed News views to show unread marks, so now I can quickly scan for new news items
- Parse DC:Date and PubDate fields into domino date field, (NewsItemDate). News views use this field or @Created if it's not available. (or should I use a channel date?)
- Changed News views to sort on NewsItemDate descending, new view sorted by NewsItemDate first. even easy to scan for what's new.
So what you think? email : email@example.com
Update Dec 22 2003 : Here's how to get to working with Lotus Notes R6.x
See More, Categories : Domino/RSS