The Facebook juggernaut continues although not without its critics.
- Social Media – Five Facebook Predictions (and Why They Will Matter to Marketers) – online Search; its own internal advertising toolset; go public; move to Auto-Refresh; launch a Payment Tool
- SocialMedia Opens Self-Serve Facebook Advertising For All – SocialMedia Appsaholic advertising network soon after F8. They have opened it to everyone through a self-service model, and some developers are making some real cash off of the service.
- The Facebook economy – Aug. 23, 2007 – the No. 2 social network is fast evolving into a new kind of software platform – and the race is on to figure out how to turn users’ every move into dollars for enterprising developers.
- FaceBookCampToronto VIDEOs – from the Chicken.
- What Facebook Users Want « J-Squared Media: Inside –
- Slap in the Facebook: It’s Time for Social Networks to Open Up – Social networks like Facebook and MySpace are taking the web by storm because they make it easy to manage your personal data and keep in touch with people you know. But to get value out, you have to put something in — photos, contacts, appointments, list.
- Update Sept 10th :Facebook Could Kill Twitter By simply editing my status section at the top of my FaceBook profile, I can instantly send a Twitter-like update to all my friends on Facebook. There is also a Facebook status feed for all my friends.
- Worldchanging Canada writer Mark Tovey did a Q&A recently with Social Media Group’s Maggie Fox about what’s going in the social networking space and how the real world and digital worlds are intersecting. Yeah Maggie!