- Lessig’s Future of Ideas goes Creative Commons – Boing Boing – Future of Ideas is a grim and prescient look at the way that corporate interests have rigged the system so that they can own more and more of our thoughts, ideas and conversations.
- Google Calendar Quick Add Firefox Extension – the quickest way I’ve found to do “remind me about this it 3 months”
- Via Challenge Canadian MPs: “I will not break fair dealing” pledge – Boing Boing – Michael Geist has a counterproposal >> get all of Canada’s members of Parliament to take a pledge not to undermine fair dealing. (Update : VanCity Sun editorial on Reformed copyright laws shouldn’t suppress creativity).
- Using Gmail to read those damned winmail.dat files! (by Jeremy Zawodny) – what to do when you get a email from some sorry Outlook/Exchange user which contains a dreaded winmail.dat file.
- xkcd » ROBOT9000 and #xkcd-signal: Attacking Noise in Chat – xkcd’s Robot9000 attacks noise in real-time chat. a parallel IRC channel only displays lines of conversation that’ve never been spoken before.
- No ghosts: A Blunt Atheist FAQ – Weak atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of a god, or gods. Strong atheism is the belief that a god, or gods, do not exist. (I’m more of a nontheist, in that I -try to- go about with out the need of gods or God, in matters moral or metaphysical. – “not necessarily gods and gods not necessary.”)
- Kiosk, a short Story by Bruce Sterling – 21 century Scifi goodness from the Bruce >>
THE FABRIKATOR WAS UGLY, noisy, a fire hazard, and it smelled. Borislav got it for the kids in the neighborhood. One snowy morning, in his work gloves, long coat, and fur hat, he loudly power-sawed through the wall of his kiosk. He duct-taped and stapled…