- Canada’s coming DMCA will be the worst copyright yet – Boing Boing – If this law passes, it will render all of the made-in-Canada exceptions to copyright for education, archiving, free speech and personal use will be irrelevant. It could be very bad.
– CopyRight Canada
- Why do wireless devices need to be phones? » ThomasPurves.com – wireless != voice (!!!). It’s much much bigger. Voice is just one little application of a great many that can run on top of a wireless connection. (you crackberry addicts know this already) to spoonerize William Gibson: “The distribution has already arrived. The future just isn’t evenly invented yet.”
– wireless mobile
- Facebook privacy meltdown: company removed opt-out prior to launch – Boing Boing – Facebook should explain why they chose at the last minute to put the wish lists of corporate advertisers ahead of the privacy interests of their users
– facebook privacy
- Mule Design Studio’s Blog: Facebook, you owe me one Christmas Present. – Some people would consider this “conversational marketing?�. It’s not.”
– facebook Marketing privacy socialnetworking advertising
- Yahoo! Is All Over Facebook (Yahoo! Developer Network blog) – An ever-growing number of Facebook applications using Yahoo APIs
– yahoo Facebook
- Pulling Digits out of Pi –
– algorithms Math fun
- On efficiently geo-referencing IPs with MaxMind GeoIP and MySQL GIS –
– geocoding mysql development
- Software Carnival: Survival Guide to Internationalization (I18N) – As software engineers, we typically don’t bother with many “things you should design for” until they become a necessity. Things like security and internationalization fall into that bucket. not good
– i18n development database
- BlueBlog: Software Engineering Tips for Startups – Software is at the very heart of any modern startup. Must have code; Must have a technical co-founder; Hire A+ engineers who love coding; Keep the engineering team small and do not outsource; Instill an agile culture; Do not re-invent the wheel
– Startup business
- Web 2.0 and Advertising: Do We See Eye to Eye? – Do developers of Web 2.0 and the advertisers they are pursuing for revenue see things the same way, even their own way of working together? Do advertisers and consumers of the Web see eye to eye?
– Marketing advertising web2.0 socialsoftware
- YouTube – MC Frontalot – Bizarro Genius Baby – third single from MC Frontalot’s album Secrets From The Future. Nerd Core rap
– music video fp
- What does: The Vizrea/WebFives Shutdown, Techmeme Whoring, Sinefield, and My Early Mistakes at BubbleShare Have in Common and when is Albert going to publish the “Universal Law of StartUpping”? He is obliviously holding out on us!!