- Good to Great (rules to live by) – Having a cross functional developer that can write code and talk to a client in plain english is an amazingly huge (and seemingly rare) asset.
- Popular Online CSS Tools and Generators | Lifehacker – a collection of CSS tools. no substitute for knowing what your doing, but a place to lean, unless you feel generator are a crutch.
- CSS Layouts: The Fixed. The Fluid. The Elastic. – Beast-Blog.com – a take on the rigid fixed, the adaptable fluid, and the expandable elastic layouts.
- Interview with Sci Fi authour Vernor Vinge – author of “Rainbows End” and others, on French Sci Fi site, in English
- VideoEgg: Suddenly They’re A Facebook Ad Network – VideoEgg has morphed yet again. Their video business remains in place. But now they are leveraging that ad sales team to sell their flash ads directly into Facebook applications.
- Techdirt: Is There Any Need For The Concept Of A TV Channel Any More? – with things like TiVo as well as the ability to watch TV streamed or downloaded online, was anyone still paying attention to which channel a particular show was on?
- Metabolic study in mice could lead to ‘good cholesterol’ boosters – Should the metabolic pathway uncovered in mice operate similarly in humans, the new discovery could point the way to therapies that protect against heart disease by boosting concentrations of the beneficial high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C).
- Putting electronics in a spin :150 Research convened in the medieval town York to explore the future of spintronics (spin-based electronics) – also known as magnetoelectronics, an emerging technology that harnesses the spin of particles. By harnessing the twist and turns of particles – detected as a weak magnetic force – scientists hope to unlock almost infinite computing power and storage.
Update : Kevin Pettitt links back with What Makes a Great Software Developer?.