Via Scripting News: 3/24/2005, Tod Maffin (a producer on Definitely Not the Opera CBC radio’s guide to modern culture in Canada, podcaster, and all around Techno Talking head – Media Head?),reports that Canada is amending its copyright laws in favor of content-creators here Canada to Amend its Copyright Laws
Later this spring, the Government plans to introduce legislation that will implement the provisions of the 1996 World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Treaties, clarify liability for Internet service providers, facilitate the use of the Internet for educational and research purposes, and harmonize the treatment of photographers with that of other creators.
Question: how many comments did not get submitted due to being overwhelmed by the events of early sept 2001?
included are Cory Doctorow’s (who is a fequent commentary on CopyRight over on Boing Boing) submitted comments (based on a Mico editorial from 2001), and Tod has identified some broadcasting-related submissions:
- Canadian Association of Broadcasters
- SOCAN: Society of Composers, Authors, and Music Publisher of Canada
- National Association of Broadcasters (American group)
- ACTRA: Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television, and Radio Artists
- The Association for Media and Technology in Education in Canada (AMTEC)
- Canadian Cable Television Association (CCTA)
- Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA)
- Copyright Coalition of Creators and Producers
- Periodical Writers Association of Canada (PWAC)
- Writers’ Guild of Canada
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)/ SociÃ©tÃ© Radio-canada(src)
Spot any other names we should know?