Welcome Slashdoters! To those complaining about the grammar and such:
- Please read it slowly..
- Yes, I should have broken up that big compound sentence (It would never have never gotten past my yak comber). In my defense see use of semi comas, but I likely got it wrong.
- I’m sorry I used too many unfamiliar and big words, I was trying to be compact. I did define Folksonomies in the submission.
- And you should have seen the initial 5 versions! (I am editing “this” several times even after I hit the “publish” button)
- joebetoblame figured out What is Del.icio.us and Flickr
- Yes, I’m an ADD poster child, having overdosed on /. since the beginning ala Lobsters.
- A del.icio.us study; Bookmark, Classify and Share
- Eric Giguere points out that GMail [gmail.com] and Zoe
[www.zoe.nu] lets you tag and group things on the fly.
- Yoz Grahame in Autocompletion and suggestion in del.icio.us points to a demo and a couple of message threads on the delicious-discuss list. (more to read)
- Roland Piquepaille points out that its the lack of synonym control that make it work, as does Björn Lindström(who said it first!).
I agree. I guess I would like to see a) an easy way to reuse my tags (check boxes to select my tags?) b) some way to encourage common usage to emerge, bottom up fashion, if only to improve the social and searching/learning aspect
- Andrew Ducker does a good job answering why synonym’s:offering them as an option, so that you could type “Mac” and be asked if you meant “As in ‘Big’, ‘Apple’, or other?” and choose whether you wants to fit in or not. and has a modest proposal